After Vegie Delights discontinuing their chicken slices 2022

  

Obviously, the food in this post reminded me of some stressful times. And hey, that's OK. It's amazing how food becomes entwined with other events happening in our lives. The important thing is that while losing my wallet was stressful and upsetting at the time, I am OK now. And Boo is also OK. She's on medication, but she is living her best Boo life!

Midweek Munchies

It's the middle of the week, who is feeling hungry?

After Vegie Delights discontinuing their chicken slices, and Tofurky no longer shipping to Australia, I found this VChicken at the Green Edge. I am pretty sure I have had it before, they have just updated their packaging. Anyway, it is good on sandwiches.

VChkn Slices


I tried the Fable Goulash Pepper Stew ready meal, which I added the suggested sour cream to. I used the new Made With Plant sour cream, look out for it on an upcoming munchies. The pepper in the meal came from actual black pepper, not from capsicums, which I checked before I bought it. I also added the baby spinach.



I made some burgers using some of the Coles Nature's Kitchen Mushroom and Caramelised Onion burgers. After the absolute tastelessness of their meaty-style burgers, I was worried. However, these burgers are delicious! So much lovely flavour. I made my burgers with some Sheese slices (that I got on clearance - bonus!), tomato chutney, and of course my favourite Fry's Brioche Buns. Also some mayo and baby spinach.



Some fun teas that I bought! Cocoa, Cinnamon, and Ginger just sounds so wonderful and warming. And I was intrigued by the Beetroot, Ginger, and Curry Leaves. They are both nice in their own ways, though the flavour never really gets strong enough even with leaving the bag in the whole time. The curry one has a nice, almost savoury sort of vibe going.



Finally, some chocolate! KM Foods is a local brand, they also make jerky. I have not been interested in their chocolate before, as their flavours were white, caramel, and milk. But they introduced this new dark cherry coconut one, and it is really nice.



Cute Kitty Photo of the Post



We did reindeer antlers, how about Santa hats? Yes, there was a yearly Santa hat dress up as well. Sahara was very hard to keep it on, she moves so much, but she did give a cute little one-ear out post here!

Eating In: Drinks, Ice Cream, Doughnuts, Fries

Hello friends! I am meant to be at work today, but instead at home feeling crappy and waiting for results of a COVID test. Yes, I am boostered as of last week, but since our borders opened up COVID is rapidly spreading where I live, so no chances are to be taken. So I've made a nice cup of peppermint tea, and thought why not put up an extra blog post for funsies. This Eating In post is about food that I have taken away to eat later, or have had delivered. Heads up, this post talks about some pretty rough days I had.

I loved drinks from Huey's Sugarcane and Coconut Juice. I say loved, because they have sadly closed. This drink was a Rapsberry and Lime Sugarcane Juice with Basil Seeds, my penultimate beverage from Huey's.



One quiet day at work, I went and picked us up some doughnuts from Brooklyn Doughnut Co. They have a few vegan flavours. I got the chocolate peanut butter and the biscoff to split between us. They were very good.



The doughnut place was right next to Gelatissimo, and I got a cone with their vegan Peanut Butter Brownie ice cream. It was really nice, but not as nice as the vegan strawberry cheesecake they have previously had. Also not $600 worth of nice. Why $600? This was the day my wallet got stolen. I had my wallet in one hand, card in the other ready to tap and pay, but then they handed me the ice cream, so I was juggling all three. I sat down next to the shop to eat the ice cream quickly and put my card back in my wallet, and my wallet back in my bag... and that was the last time I saw my wallet! This was four months ago now, so it's fine, I'm over it. But seeing this photo again does make me remember the time an ice cream cost me a whole lot of money, plus the sentimental things I had in my wallet.



Fast forward a couple of weeks and it was the day I was at work with Boo, getting her ultrasound done. And she was going to have to have surgery the next day for gut biopsies. It gave me some pretty bad flashbacks to Sahara. I was also at work much later than my shift ended, because I was waiting for her procedure. So at the end of it I was tired and upset. Do I go home and not eat? Do I instead aggressively eat something and get a stomach ache? I chose the latter, and Taksim Kebabs came through for me with a Vegan HSP. Chips, vegan lamb, caramelised red onions, vegan cheese, BBQ sauce, vegan aioli. This was the medium size, and it was HUGE!



My final drink from Huey's, right before they closed. This should have been a free drink. In my wallet, I had a '10th drink free' loyalty card, and this was going the be the 10th drink. The wallet that was stolen. Oh, the things they took from me. For my final drink, I went with a Strawberry Sugarcane Juice with Basil Seeds. RIP Huey, please come back. I love you.



The final thing to share, and it is a happy memory. I was going to watch Riverdale with my friends, and had worked late. So I stopped at Burger Urge on the way to get myself a burger to eat. I'd always been meaning to try a vegan offering from Burger Urge, but just never had been by one, so I was happy to find there was one right near her house. I got the vegan cheeseburger and some chips, and they were both excellent. And my friends and I had a lovely time watching Riverdale and trash talking about it with each other.



Obviously, the food in this post reminded me of some stressful times. And hey, that's OK. It's amazing how food becomes entwined with other events happening in our lives. The important thing is that while losing my wallet was stressful and upsetting at the time, I am OK now. And Boo is also OK. She's on medication, but she is living her best Boo life!

Cute Kitty Photo of the Post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concept 39+ Minecraft Build Concepts

Business Administration Salary Houston

New 20+ Girls Bedroom Paint Ideas